Gat Perich Internacional Awards 2017
José María Pérez González
José María Pérez González, "Peridis" was born on September 28, 1941 in Cabezón de Liébana (Cantabria).
He has completed the restoration and rehabilitation of several monuments, including the Monastery of Santa María La Real in Aguilar de Campoó (Palencia), the Monastery of San Benito in Valladolid, Teatro Principal in Burgos , Toledo Public Library in the Alcázar, San Sebastián de los Reyes Town Hall, Corias Monastery (Asturias) for Parador de Turismo, CUNEF Headquarters in the University City, Universidad Complutense de Madrid. And new buildings such as Libraries, Cultural Centers, Theaters, Film libraries, Residences and Day Centers for Seniors, and other spaces and facilities of socio-cultural scope.
In his facet of draftsman and humorist has published his drawings mainly in Information, Notebooks for the Dialogue and in the newspaper "El País" from the beginning of its publication.
He has written several books: Los Animalillos Políticos, De la transición al cambio, Confianza y sin fianza, Sin complejos, Dios mío, que he hecho yo para merecer esto, and recently La Tira de años, 40 años de Historia, edited by Espasa, with the compilation of several of the strips published in "El País".
In terms of their socio-cultural activity their participation has been as:
- Founding promoter of the School-Workshop and Taller y Casas de Oficios para la formación y empleo de jóvenes en la rehabilitación del Patrimonio Histórico-Artístico y Natural.
- Founding promoter of the Romanesque Studies Center - Fundación Santa María La Real and actually President of the Fundation Santa María La Real Patrimonio Histórico.
- Co-director of the Romanesque Encyclopedia of Spain and Portugal.
- Director and presenter of the programs "Las Claves del Románico ", documentary for TVE on the Romanesque of Spain and also of the series " Luz y Misterio de las Catedrales " and " Mover Montañas ".
- Impulse of the Employability Program "Lanzaderas de Empleo y Emprendimiento Solidario”.
As a writer,
- " El cabo caricaturas " and "Luz cenital", collection Memories with Art, Editorial Valnera.
- "Luz y Misterio de las Catedrales" on the construction of the first cathedrals, Espasa.
- " Esperando al Rey", Prize Historical Novel "Alfonso X El Sabio 2014", Espasa.
- "La maldición de la Reina Leonor ", on wars and alliances of the kings of Castilla XII century. Espasa.
Peridis has won several awards including Mingote Humor Award in 1983, Europa Nostra Prize in 1988 for the Conservation of Historic and Artistic Heritage, and the Medalla al Mérito de las Bellas Artes in his category.
This year hsas been awarded with the International Award for Humor Gat Perich 2017.